On the National Historic Registry as Edgemont Shelter, this beautiful natural structure sheltered primitive people as far back as 1000 BC. Many artifacts indicate the presence and activities of large groups encamping there, beginning with Mound Builders and including the Quapaw, Osage, Cherokee, Shawnee and Delaware nations. Natural springs flow along the rear of the cave and have hollowed out this grotto throughout the centuries. Shifting boulders have created secondary rooms and tunnels running behind the cave giving exit on the other side of the bluff.

In 1776, Indian Rock House was used as a refuge during the 16 days of freezing weather.

Follow the wooden stairs from the Old Log Cabin to the largest rock house in Arkansas. The cave opening is 100 feet across, the ceiling is 50 feet high, and the cave is 97 feet deep.